Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jaguar project - Instrumentation


Dashboard with left and right base pieces.


Dash with intruments in place, before doing veneer.


Instrument cluster after veneering with walnut burl and a dozen coats of polyurethane.


Completed dash. Almost ready to install in car. Big hole on the left is for the steering column and handle on the right is the towel holder for wiping sweat also know as the white knuckle bar.

I received the veneer last Wednesday and started right away. Most time spent waiting for the glue to dry. Then a couple of days adding coats of polyurethane.

1 comment:

Mamita Ruby said...

Great job! I am so proud of you. I just wish you take another picture of me in it once it is finished.
Compare, before and after.
What a proyect! Pito, I know you can do anything you set your mind to do. Papi can fix anything, bring it over.
Nana