Thursday, February 3, 2011

Jaguar project at home

A lot to do. Put her up on jack stands and removed the junk yard roll around wheels.


I had tried to install one of these wire wheels at the paint shop with no luck.
I used my hydraulic jack to support the wheel while lining up the studs. That worked.


The stud does not clear the hub like most wheels. The lug nuts are long and go all the way through the wheel. Definitely not quick change. These are my show wheels and tires.


Working on the wiring rats nest. A lot of extra wires from the original car the engine came from. Simple (?) matter of figuring out what I don't need and removing those wires and connectors. Some are for the dashboard and automatic transmission, etc.


Installed the tail lights and I am in the process of removing all the old wiring to replace with all new. Making my own loom.

1 comment:

Mamita Ruby said...

It looks just beautiful! Now is your part to finish the job. Let's see how long it will take you to do your Pito's quality and perfect job.
DO NOT FORGET WIRING FOR NEW SPEAKERS THAT WILL GO BOOM BOOROOBOOM BOOROOBOOM BOOM BOOM with
CD player and everything else to play my Colombian music on.
Plane tickets are going up, so when is the celebration of the home coming for the Jaguar?