- Ran wires for headlights and parking lamps
- Mounted fuse blocks to firewall.
- Wired up thermostatic control for radiator fan and mounted control to engine compartment.
- Ran wires for radiator fan manual control (to override thermostatic control just in case).
- Tore down, cleaned, lubricated the windshield wiper cable and mechanism. Took about 3 hours for this one.
- Rerouted the ground cable from the battery to the frame to fit under the cover I fabricated from a marine battery box. I had to remove the right hand muffler and tailpipe to get enough clearance for my drill to drill and tap a hole in the frame for a good ground.
I am not looking forward to tearing down the engine computer cable and ringing out all the wires. There are a lot of extra unused wires for things like air conditioner, automatic transmission, and other stuff I have not figured out yet. I want to make it as clean and simple as possible.
So far I have been working mostly on the front end of the car. Still have the tail/brake, license and backup lights to do. I have been cutting out old dead wires and noting the routing I want to take for the new wires.